DIY Tutorial: Simple Rehearsal Dinner Makeup
It's my favorite thing to see all the beautiful makeup styles available for brides. What's even better? Being able to learn how to do it yourself! As a photographer, it's so fun to see the magic happen when a bride sits in the hair and makeup artist's chair. I've worked with Linda Margarita, who is so gifted at what she does on the wedding day. She, along with her assistant Madi, teamed up with me to document a DIY look for your own rehearsal dinner, engagement photos, or even a night out with your love. If you don't feel confident doing this on your own, definitely consider hiring Linda for your wedding day. If you're feeling brave and want to try this on your own, just follow these easy steps below:
- With already moisturized prepped skin apply foundation (Madi used Too Faced born this way) with beauty blender
- Conceal (Madi used shape tape by Tarte) in a triangular pattern to create a brightening effect
- Set under-eyes and face with powder
- Contour and bronze (Madi used Too Faced chocolate sole)
- Powder with luminous powder (Madi used Hourglass ambient light powder)
- Highlight top of cheek bones
- Lightly fill in brows
- Use a pink champagne color for the lid and your bronzer for the crease
- Apply mascara and lashes
- Add your favorite lip / spritz your face with a setting spray & wha la your done!
Want to see more Tutorials?
Film: Contax 645, Fuji 400h, Developed by The Find Lab